Check out the field collapsing patch:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing

Matt Weber

On Sep 25, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Peter Ledbrook wrote:

Hi,

I want to index both the contents of a document/file and metadata associated with that document. Since I also want to update the content and metadata
indexes independently, I believe that I need to use two separate Solr
documents per real/logical document. The question I have is how do I merge query results so that only one result is returned per real/logical document, not per Solr document? In particular, I don't want to filter the results to
satisfy any "max results" constraint.

I have read that this can be achieved with a facet search. Is this the best
approach, or is there some alternative?

Thanks,

Peter