On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM, <aod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I index the following text: "I live in Dublin Ireland where
> Guinness is brewed"
>
> Then search for: duvlin
>
> Should Solr return a match?
>
> In the admin interface under the analysis section, Solr highlights
> some NGram matches?
>
> When I enter the following query string into my browser address bar, I
> get 0 results?
>
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=duvlin&debugQuery=true
>
> Nor do I get results for dub, dubli, ublin, dublin (du does return a
> result).
>
> I also notice when I use debugQuery=true, the parsed query is a
> PhraseQuery. This doesn't make sense to me, as surely the point of the
> NGram is to use a Boolean OR between each Gram??
>
> However, if I don't use an NGramFilterFactory at query time, I can get
> results for: dub, ublin, du, but not duvlin.

Is the n-grammed field specified as the <defaultSearchField> in your
schema.xml? If not, then you will have to specify the field name during
querying e.g. field_name:duvlin. You can see exactly how your query is being
parsed if you add debugQuery=on as a request parameter.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.