Hi all,

I would have two questions about the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory:
a) put it into both chains, index and query, or into index only?
b) where exactly in the/each chain do I have to put it? (Do I have to respect a certain order - as I have wordDelimiter and lowercase in there, as well.)

More Details:

I understand it is used to allow queries like "*sport".

My current configuration for the field I want to use it for contains this setup:

<fieldType name="text_cn" class="solr.TextField">
  <analyzer>
       splitOnCaseChange="1" splitOnNumerics="1"
       stemEnglishPossessive="1" generateWordParts="1"
       generateNumberParts="1" catenateAll="1"
       preserveOriginal="1" />
  </analyzer>
</fieldType>

The wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters states for the ReversedWildcardFF:
"Add this filter to the index analyzer, but not the query analyzer."

However, the API for it says it provides functionality at index and query time (my understanding): "When this factory is added to an analysis chain, it will be used both for filtering the tokens during indexing, and to determine the query processing of this field during search."

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Chantal

--