Does the PatternReplaceFilter have an option where you can keep the
original token in addition to the modified token? From what I looked at it
does not seem to but I want to confirm the same.

Alternatively, is there a filter available which takes in a pattern and
produces additional forms of the token depending on the pattern? The use
case I am looking at here is using such a filter to automate synonym
generation. In our application, quite a few of the synonym file entries
match a specific pattern and having such a filter would make it easier I
believe. Pl. do correct me in case I am missing some unwanted side-effect
with this approach.

Continuing on that line, what is the performance hit in having additional
index-time filters as opposed to using a synonym file with more entries? How
does the overhead of using a bigger synonym file as opposed to additional
filters compare?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Prasanna.