Here's a sample:

<!DOCTYPE document [
<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
<!ENTITY copy "&#169;">
<!ENTITY reg "&#174;">
]>
<document>
  <kbml version="-//Indiana University//DTD KBML 0.9//EN">
    <kbq>In Mac OS X, how do I enable or disable the firewall?</kbq>
an easy-to-use <kbh docid="aoru"
that
can prevent potentially harmful incoming connections from other
computers. To turn it on or off:</p>

<h3>Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)</h3>

When the <code>System Preferences</code> window appears, from the

</li></ol>
    <xtra>
      <term weight="0">macos</term>
      <term weight="0">macintosh</term>
      <term weight="0">apple</term>
      <term weight="0">macosx</term>

    </xtra>
  </kbml>
  <metadata>
    <docid>aozg</docid>
    <owner firstname="" lastname="Macintosh Support">scmac</owner>

  </metadata>
</document>

The /document/kbml/kbq works fine, but as you can see, it has no
children. The actual content of the document is within the body
element, though, which requires some flattening.

Thanks for your time,
Adam