On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Jérôme Etévé <jerome.et...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  I'm planning to reindex all my data on my master server everyday, so
> here's what I intend to do on the master:
>
> 1 - disable replication on the master
> 2 - Empty the index
> 3 - Reindex everything
> 4 - Optimize
> 5 - enable replication again
>
> There's something I'm wondering about this strategy.
>
> What would happen if a slave is not finished pulling the data when I
> start step 1?

All going replications will be completed even after you disable replication

if your are planing to delete all docs using Solr itself no problem
Solr takes care of it automatically.

If you plan to do delete the files directly give some time after you
disable replication . Then you may clean up your index