Hi Solr masters,

I just wanted to confirm what i read is the best and optimal way of doing
spell check correction.
i am using index based spell check.
For this as the doc says
Create a field ex. my_text with a fieldType my_text_fl which has all the
filters defined.

Copy all the othe fields data to the field my_text using copy features.

In the solr config file in the searchComponent which is spellcheck add the
below code

  <searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">

    <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="name">mySpellChecker</str>
      <str name="field">spell_text</str>
      <!-- Use a different Distance Measure -->
      <str
name="distanceMeasure">org.apache.lucene.search.spell.JaroWinklerDistance</str>
      <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./mySpellCheckerDataIndex</str>
    </lst>
  </searchComponent>

build the dictionary using the get command

Question. Should i build the dictionlary only once and after that as new
words are indexed the dictionary will be updated. Or i to do that manually
over certain interval.

add the spellcheck component to the handler in my case as of now standard
requets handler. I might also start adding some more dismax handlers
depending on my requirement
  <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler" default="true">
    <!-- default values for query parameters -->
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <!--
       <int name="rows">10</int>
       <str name="fl">*</str>
       <str name="version">2.1</str>
        -->
     </lst>
     <arr name="last-components">
        <str>spellcheck</str>
     </arr>
  </requestHandler>

run the query with parameter spell.check=true, and also specify against
which dictionary you want to run spell check again in my case my
spellcheck.dictionary parameter is mySpellChecker.

Please let know if this the best way since i have to start implementing it.

thanks
darniz