Ok, my "naive" thinking about FieldCache: for each Term we can quickly
retrieve DocSet. What are memory requirements? Theoretically,
[maxdoc]x[4-bytes DocumentID], plus some (small) array to store terms
pointing to (large) arrays of DocumentIDs.

Mike suggested http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1990 to make this
memory requirement even lower... but please correct me if I am wrong with
formula, and I am unsure how it is currently implemented...

Thanks,
Fuad