Hi all,

as stated in the Solr-WIKI, Solr 1.4 allows it to specify an onError attribute for *each* entity listed in the data config file (it is considered as one of the default attributes).

Unfortunately, the SqlEntityProcessor does not recognize the attribute's value -- i.e., in case an SQL exception is thrown somewhere inside the constructor of ResultSetIterators (which is an inner class of JdbcDataSource), Solr's import exits immediately, even though onError is set to continue or skip.

Why are database related exceptions (e.g., table does not exists, or an error in query syntax occurs) not being covered by the onError attribute? In my opinion, use cases exist that will profit from such an exception handling inside of Solr (for example, in cases where the existence of certain database tables or views is not predictable).

Should I raise an JIRA-issue about this?

-Sascha