> But  even after I successfully index data using
> http://host:port/solr-example/dataimport?command=full-import&commit=true&clean=true,
> do solr search which returns meaningful results

I am not sure what "meaningful" means. The full-import command starts an
asynchronous process to start re-indexing. The response that you get in
return to the above mentioned URL, (always) indicates that a full-import has
been started. It does NOT know about anything that might go wrong with the
process itself.

and then visit http://host:port/solr-example/dataimport?command=status, I
> can see thefollowing result ...

The status URL is the one which tells you what is going on with the process.
The message - "Indexing failed. Rolled back all changes" can come because of
multiple reasons - missing database drivers, incorrect sql queries, runtime
errors in custom transformers etc.

Start the full-import once more. Keep a watch on the Solr server log. If you
can figure out what's going wrong, great; otherwise, copy-paste the
exception stack-trace from the log file for specific answers.

Cheers
Avlesh