DS requires a bunch of shard names in the url. That's all. Note that a
ds does not use the data of the solr you call.

You can create an entry point for your distributed search by adding a
new <requestHandler> element in solrconfig.xml. You would add the
shard list parameter to the "defaults" list. Do not have it call the
same requesthandler path- you'll get an infinite loop.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com