: I downloaded solr 1.4.0 but discovered when using solrj 1.4 that a
: required slf4j jar was missing in the distribution (i.e.
: apache-solr-1.4.0/dist). I got a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
: org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder when using solrj
: Have I overlooked something or are not all necessary classes required
: for using solrj in solr 1.4.0 included in the distribution?

Regretably, Solr releases aren't particularly consistent about where
third-party libraries can be found.

If you use the the pre-built war, the 'main' dependencies are allready
bunlded into it.  If you want to roll your own, you need to look at the
"./lib" directory -- "./dist" is only *suppose* to contain the artifacts
built from solr source But that solrj-lib directory can be confusing)...

hoss...@brunner:apache-solr-1.4.0$ ls ./lib/slf4j-*
lib/slf4j-api-1.5.5.jar         lib/slf4j-jdk14-1.5.5.jar

-Hoss