Hi all,

I'm a relative newcomer to Solr, and I'm trying to use it in a project
of mine. I need to do a function query (I believe) to filter the
results so they are within a certain distance of a point. For this, I
understand I should use something like sqedist or hsin, and from the
documentation on the FunctionQuery page, I believe that the function
is executed on every "row" (or "record", not sure what the proper term
for this is). So, my question is threefold really; are those functions
the ones I should be using to perform a search where distance is one
of the criteria (there are others), and if so, does Solr execute the
query on every row (and again, if so, is there any way of preventing
this [like subqueries, though I know they're not supported])?

Sorry if this is a little confusing… any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Oliver