Hi Erick -

Maybe I mis-wrote.

My question is: would "title:any_query^4.0" be faster/slower than applying
index time boost to the field title. Basically, if I take *every* user query
and search for it in title with boost (say, 4.0) - is it different than
saying field title has boost 4.0?

Cheers,
Girish Redekar
http://girishredekar.net