:
: I've deployed the contents of dist/ into JBoss's lib directory for the
: server I'm running and I've also copied the contents of lib/ into

Please be specific ... what is "dist/" what is "lib/" ? ... are you
talking about the top level dist and lib directories in a solr release,
then those should *not* be copied into any directory for JBoss.
everything you need to access core solr features is available in wht
solr.war -- that is all you need to run the solr application.

the only reason to ever copy any jars arround when dealing with solr is to
load plugins (ie: your own, or things counts in the contrib directory of a
solr release) and even then they should go in the special "lib" directory
inside your Solr HOme directory so they are loaded by the appropraite
classlaoder -- not in the top level class loader of your servlet
container.

: [SolrResourceLoader] Unable to load cached class-name :
: org.apache.solr.search.FastLRUCache for shortname :
: solr.FastLRUCachejava.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
: org.apache.solr.search.FastLRUCache

this is most likely because you have duplicate copies of (all of) the solr
classes at various classloader levels -- the copies in the solr.war, and
the copies you've put into the JBoss lib dir.  having both can cause
problems like this because of the rules involved with
hierarchical classloaders.

-Hoss