Hi everybody,
I'm experiencing a problem with my Solr-based web application running on a Sun
Solaris OS.

It seems that the application still holds file-descriptors to index files even
if these last ones are removed. It can be observed mainly when the
snapinstaller script is executed, but we can find a similar problem on boxes
where this script is not used, but only import and optimization commands are
executed.

In particular, if we look at all file descriptors open by the application, we
see that, most of times, there are duplicate entries. For example, there are
two different Inodes, pointed by two different file descriptors, but if we look
more closely at them they are clearly pointing to the same file (size is
exaclty the same). The strange thing is that only one of them is actually in
the index folder, while the other one is no more there.

When the application is restarted, duplicate entries disappear and the open
file descriptors correctly point to existing files in the index folder.

Have anyone encountered a similar behavior on his installation?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,