Thanks, Noble....That did the trick!

- Bill

From: "Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्" <noble.p...@corp.aol.com>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 10:20 PM
To: <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to avoid hardcoding masterUrl in slave solrconfig.xml?

remove the <lst name="slave"> section from your solrconfig. It should be fine

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:59 AM, William Pierce <evalsi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Joe:

I tried with the "fetchIndex" all lower-cased, and still the same result.
What do you specify for masterUrl in the solrconfig.xml on the slave? it
seems to me that if I remove the element,  I get the exception I wrote
about. If I set it to some dummy url, then I get an invalid url message
when I run the command=details on the slave replication handler.

What I am doing does not look out of the ordinary. I want to control the masterurl and the time of replication by myself. As such I want neither the
masterUrl nor the polling interval in the config file.  Can you share
relevant snippets of your config file and the exact url your code is
generating?

Thanks,

- Bill