> Aha!
> Sounds like a job for a simple, custom
> UpdateRequestProcessor.  Actually, I think URP doesn't get
> access to the actual XML, but what it has access may be
> enough for you: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

I added this to solrconfig.xml but I don't see any extra output
in the log file.

  <updateRequestProcessorChain>
    <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
    <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
  </updateRequestProcessorChain>

Do I need to do something else to make this effective?

The commented-out example in solrconfic.xml has 'name="dedupe"'
attribute. Do I have to specify a name? If so, how do I use
that name in the request?

Kuro