In addition to Ankit's comments, SOLR manipulates the
input for each field according to the rules that govern
the tokenizers and filters that you define in your schema.

This page is very valuable, although it takes a while to
get comfortable with it...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

So your question is hard to answer unless you tell us what
your analyzers (index and query) for the field in question
are....

Best
Erick