I have documents that represent Companies. Each company has a field "Internet"
which is a boolean field, True means the company is an Internet company.
There's also another field "location" which is the city the company is located
in, eg. "Austin" or "Houston".

A company can be both an Internet company and have a physical location. Or it
can be an Internet-only company, or it can be a brick-and-mortar only company.

I want to search companies based on (in addition to other criteria) whether it
is an Internet company or its physical location. So an example query "Look for
companies that are Internet companies OR are located in Austin"

I can keep the 2 separate fields and construct queries using the OR operator.
In this case the example query above would be expressed as: "Look for companies
that have the value True in the Internet field and the value Austin in the
location field"

Or I can combine the 2 fields into 1 by having a multivalued field, call it
"combo". A company that is both an Internet company and has a physical presence
in Austin will have the values "Internet" and "Austin" in the combo field. And
the example query above would become: "Look for companies that have the value
"Internet" OR "Austin" in the combo field.

Does it matter whether I have 2 separate fields or 1 multivalued fields? Does
it make any difference in terms of performance or any other considerations?