On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade
<gfernandez-kinc...@capitaliq.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication
>
> I've been looking over this replication wiki and I'm still unclear on a two
> points about Solr Replication:
>
> 1.     If there have been small changes to the index on the master, does the
> slave copy the entire contents of the index files that were affected?

only the delta is copied.

> a.     Let's say I add one document to the master. Presumably that causes
> changes to the position file, amidst a few others. Does the slave download
> the entire position file? Or just the portion that was changed?

Lucene never modifies a file which was written by previous commits. So
if you add a new document and commit , it is written to new files.
Solr replication will only replicate those new files
> 2.     If you have a multi-core slave, is it possible to share one
> configuration file (i.e. one instance directory) amidst the multiple cores,
> and yet each core poll a different master?
>
> a.     Can you set the masterUrl for each core separately in the server.xml?
>

> Thanks for your help,
> Gio.

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com
  • Solr Replication Quest... Giovanni Fernandez-Kincade
    • Re: Solr Replicat... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्