On Jan 11, 2010, at 4:51 AM, Peter A. Kirk wrote:
The reload feature actually sounds quite neat - it will reload "in the background", and "switch in" the newly read configuration when it's ready - so hopefully no down-time waiting for configuration.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that it's true about a reload working in the background. While a core is reloading (and warming), it is unavailable for search. right? I think you have to create a new core, and then swap to keep things alive constantly.

        Erik