Hi all,

I started working with solr about 1 month ago, and everything was
running well both indexing as searching documents.

I have a 40GB index with about 10 000 000 documents available. I index
3k docs for each 10m and commit after each insert.

Since yesterday, I can't commit no articles to index. I manage to search
ok, and index documents without commiting. But when I start the commit
is takes a long time and eats all of the available disk space
left(60GB). The commit eventually stops with full disk and I have to
restart SOLR and get the 60GB returned to system.

Before this, the commit was taking a few seconds to complete.

Can someone help to debug the problem? Where should I start? Should I
try to copy the index to other machine with more free space and try to
commit? Should I try an optimize?

Log for the last commit I tried:

INFO: start
commit(optimize=false,waitFlush=false,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=f
alse)
(Then, after a long time...)
Exception in thread "Lucene Merge Thread #0"
org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException: java.io.IOException:
No space left on device
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.handleMergeException(Co
ncurrentMergeScheduler.java:351)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(Concurr
entMergeScheduler.java:315)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04 and Solr 1.4.0.

Thanks in advance,

Frederico