Hi all,

is it possible to restrict the returned facets to only those that apply to the filter query but still use mincount=0? Keeping those that have a count of 0 but apply to the filter, and at the same time leaving out those that are not covered by the filter (and thus 0, as well).

Some longer explanation of the question:

Example (don't nail me down on biology here, it's just for illustration):
q=type:mammal&facet.mincount=0&facet.field=type

returns facets for all values stored in the field "type". Results would look like:

mammal(2123)
bird(0)
dinosaur(0)
fish(0)

In this case setting facet.mincount=1 solves the problem. But consider:

q=area:water&fq=type:mammal&facet.field=name&facet.mincount=0

would return something like
dolphin (20)
blue whale (20)
salmon (0) <= not covered by filter query
lion (0)
dog (0)
... (all sorts of animals, every possible value in field "name")

My question is: how can I exclude those facets from the result that are not covered by the filter query. In this example: how can I exclude the non-mammals from the facets but keep all those mammals that are not matched by the actual query parameter?

Thanks!
Chantal