Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Raghuveer Kancherla <
raghuveer.kanche...@aplopio.com> wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 fields one with captures the category of the documents and an
other
which is a pre processed text of the document. Text of the document is
fairly large.
The category of the document changes often while the text remains the same.
Search happens on both fields.

The problem is, I have to index both the text and the category each time
the
category changes. The text being large obviously makes this suboptimal. Is
there a patch or a tricky way to avoid indexing the text field every time.

Sure, make the text field as stored, read the old document and create the
new one. Sorry, there is no way to update an indexed document in Solr (yet).

Could you use SolrJ to grab a record, convert it over to an input record and update the one field? I suppose Solr would still reindex the whole thing, but at least you wouldn't have to do full pre-processing on the source.

Richard