Hi,

I've been doing some testing with asynchronous index optimization (i.e.
performing an optimize in a separate thread while indexing carries on - using
its own CommonsHttpSolrServer instance of course :-)

-- I've come across this intermittent problem with the snapshooter:

30-Jan-2010 20:58:58 org.apache.solr.handler.SnapShooter createSnapshot
SEVERE: Exception while creating snapshot
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File C:\Program Files
(x86)\Honeycomb\lexicon\solr\data\index\segments_gjc does not exist
        at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapShooter$FileCopier.copyFile(SnapShooter.j
ava:141)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapShooter$FileCopier.copyFiles(SnapShooter.
java:132)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapShooter.createSnapshot(SnapShooter.java:9
0)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.SnapShooter$1.run(SnapShooter.java:67)

This exception doesn't occur every time an optimize() is performed. When it
does occur, it's (logged) just after the optimize() has finished.

Is this the same/similar issue as described in SOLR-1475? If I'm not too
worried about snapshots, does this error matter?

Many thanks,

Peter

Got a cool Hotmail story? Tell us now
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/