Yes, It's true that we could do it in index time if we had a way to know. I
was thinking in some solution in search time, maybe measuring the % of
stopwords of each document. Normally, a document of another language won't
have any stopword of its main language.

If you know some external software to detect the language of a source text,
it would be useful too.

Thanks,
Raimon Bosch.