On Feb 11, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Jan Høydahl / Cominvent wrote:
With that in place, I could use $response.response.spellcheck.suggestions.collation (no idea why I needed $response.response?) to pick up the spellcheck.

$response.response is needed in the Velocity templates because $response is a SolrResponse (most often QueryResponse). To get just the response you have to navigate another level down, QueryResponse.getResponse().

Making these context variables a bit less confusing has been something I've pondered for a while. Suggestions welcome for improvement.

Perhaps I should submit this as my first patch to the Solr project :)

Not a bad idea!  Contributions more than welcome.

        Erik