: I have encounter a situation that I can't explain. We are indexing documents
: that are often duplicates so we activated deduplication like this:

FWIW: w/o providing us more info about what your schema looks like, and
how you are indexing documents, all we can do is speculate about some of
hte possible causes of your problems -- for all we know you don't have
your uniqueKey configured properly, or have something in DIH configured to
do deletes on delta imports, etc...  We need all the facts to make
informed suggestions.

: What I can't explain is that when I look at the documents count in the log,
: I see documents disappearing.
:
: 11:24:23 INFO  - [myindex] webapp=null path=null
: params={event=newSearcher&q=*:*&wt=dismax} hits=0 status=0 QTime=0

1) it looks like you only included the "newSearcher" related warming query
log messages in your email ... i assume you double checked that there were
no "delete" messages logged by the LogUpdateProcessor ?

2) that's a fairly non-sensical warming query ... do you really have a
queryResponseWriter registered with the name "dismax" (it's typically used
as either a RequestHandler (qt) or QParser (defType) ... w/o knowing what
your default requestHandler declaration looks like, its totally possible
that the number you are seeing has nothing to do with the totaly number of
docs in your index, and instead just indicates how many docs match the
litteral string "*:*" in your default seearch fielt (or some set of query
fields if you are using dismax as the default QParser) which can
certainly change as you update existing documents..

As i said: full configs would make it a lot easier to help clear up what
you are seeing.

-Hoss