On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Matthieu Labour <matthieu_lab...@yahoo.com
> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am still having issues with the replication and wonder if things are
> working properly
>
> So I have 1 master and 1 slave
>
> On the slave, I deleted the data/index directory and
> data/replication.properties file and restarted solr.
>
> When slave is pulling data from master, I can see that the size of data
> directory is growing
>
> r...@slr8:/raid/data# du -sh
> 3.7M    .
> r...@slr8:/raid/data# du -sh
> 4.7M    .
>
> and I can see that data/replication.properties  file got created and also a
> directory data/index.20100226063400
>
> soon after index.20100226063400 disapears and the size of data/index is
> back to 12K
>
> r...@slr8:/raid/data/index# du -sh
> 12K    .
>
> And when I look for the number of documents via the admin interface, I
> still see 0 documents so I feel something is wrong
>
> One more thing, I have a symlink for /solr/data ---> /raid/data

The ReplicationHandler moves files out of the temp directory into the index
directory. Java's File#renameTo can fail if the source and target
directories are on different partitions/disks. Is that the case here? I
believe SOLR-1736 fixes this issue in trunk but that was implemented after
the 1.4 release.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.