Hello All,

Just struggling with a thought where SOLR or a database would be good option
for me.Here are my requirements.
We index about 600+ news/blogs into out system. Only information we store
locally is the title,link and article snippet.We are able to index all these
sources into SOLR index and it works perfectly.
This is where is gets tricky:
We need to store certain meta information as well. e.g.
1. Rating/popularity of article
2. Sharing of the articles between users
3. How may times articles is viewed.
4. Comments on each article.

So far, we are deciding to store meta-information in the database and link
this data with the a document in the index. When user opens the page,
results are combined from index and the database to render the view.

Any reservation on using the above architecture?
Is SOLR right fit in this case? We do need full text search so SOLR is
no-brainer imho but would love to hear community view.

Any feedback appreciated

thanks