Ah that's the problem.  Not sure why it didn't come to mind to follow
the call stack.  Thanks for your help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Miller [mailto:markrmil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:20 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can Solr Create New Indexes?

I'm guessing the index folder itself already exists?

The data dir can be there, but the index dir itself must not be - that's

how it knows to create a new one.
Otherwise it thinks the empty dir is the index and cant find the files
it expects.

org.apache.lucene.store.simplefsdirect...@c:\ign\test-solr\objectIndex\i
> ndex: files:
>       at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:1068)
>       at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:579)
>       at
> org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:428)
>       at
> org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:278)
>       at

org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.
> java:117)
>       at

org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:
> 83)
>       at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.start(FilterHolder.java:71)
>       at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.initializeServlets(WebAp
> plicationHandler.java:310)
>       at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.doStart(WebApplicationCo
> ntext.java:509)
>       at

org.mortbay.jetty.plus.PlusWebAppContext.doStart(PlusWebAppContext.java:
> 149)
>       at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
>       at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:708)
>       at org.mortbay.jetty.plus.Server.doStart(Server.java:153)
>       at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
>       at org.mortbay.jetty.plus.Server.main(Server.java:202)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at

> a:39)
>       at

> Impl.java:25)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>       at org.mortbay.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:151)
>       at org.mortbay.start.Main.start(Main.java:476)
>       at org.mortbay.start.Main.main(Main.java:94)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in

org.apache.lucene.store.simplefsdirect...@c:\ign\test-solr\objectIndex\i
> ndex: files:
>       at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.j
> ava:655)
>       at
> org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:69)
>       at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:476)
>       at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:403)
>       at

org.apache.solr.core.StandardIndexReaderFactory.newReader(StandardIndexR

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com