At a guess, you're looking in the default field for the letter "i", which
has probably been removed at indexing time because it is a
stopword. Unless you specify a field (e.g. q=field:value), the search
goes against your default field (specified in schema).

Two very useful tools are :
the solr admin page (blah/solr/admin) and Luke
(google Lucene Luke) The first lets you browse your solr config
and peek at your index, the second allows you to examine your
index in detail.

Also, adding &debugQuery=on will produce a plethora of output.

What does this page tell you?:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/analysis.jsp

If all that doesn't help, we need to see your raw query, schema
definition for the field you're searching and the output of
&debugQuery=on.

HTH
Erick