This is an interesting idea. There are other projects to make the
analyzer/filter chain more "porous", or open to outside interaction.

A big problem is that queries are analyzed, too. If you want to give
the same metadata to the analyzer when doing a query against the
field, things get tough. You would need a special query parser to
implement your own syntax to do that. However, the analyzer chain in
the query phase does not receive the parsed query, so you have to in
some way change this.