Otis,
I've been thinking on it, and trying to figure out the different solutions
- Try to solve it doing a bridge between  solr and clustering.
- Try to solve it before/during indexing

The second option, of course is better for performance, but how to do it??

I think a good option may be to create a new type derived type from the
FieldType class
like the  SortableIntField which has the toInternal(String val) function.
Then the problem is how to include the result of the analysis of anoter
field type in the  toInternal function

So there would be a new type that can be used on copy fields , that takes
the analysis of the source
field and injects in the code. It takes as parameter the field from which
takes the analysis .

So, how can I get the result of the analysis of a given text by a given
field using internal functions??