: I wonder if anyone might have some insight/advice on index scaling for high
: document count vs size deployments...

Your general approach sounds reasonable, although specifics of how you'll
need to tune the caches and how much hardware you'll need will largely
depend on the specifics of the data and the queries.

I'm not sure what you mean by this though...

: As searching would always be performed on replicas - the indexing cores
: wouldn't be tuned with much autowarming/read cache, but have loads of
: 'maxdocs' cache. The searchers would be the other way 'round - lots of

what do you mean by "'maxdocs' cache" ?

-Hoss