Hi,

I'm trying to identify the bottleneck to get acceptable performance of a single
shard containing 4.7 millions of documents using my own machine (Mac Pro - Quad
Core with 8Gb of RAM with 4Gb allocated to the JVM).

I tried using YourKit but I don't get anything about Solr classes. I'm new to
Yourkit so I might be doing something wrong but it seems pretty straight
forward.

I am running Solr within a Tomcat instance within Eclipse. Does anyone have an
idea about what could be wrong in my setup?

I'm making individual requests (one at a time) and the response times are
horrible (about 15 sec on average). I need to bring this way below 1 second.

Here is a sample query:

http://localhost:8983/jobs_part3/select/?q=*:*&collapse=true&collapse.field=hash_id&facet=true&facet.field=county_id&facet.field=advertiser_id&facet.field=county_id&sort=county_id+asc&rows=100&collapse.type=adjacent

I know that collapsing results has a big hit on performance but it is a must
have for us.

Thanks for any hints.

===== JVM Parameters =====

-Xms4g -Xmx4g -d64 -server