On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Ya-Wen Hsu <y...@eline.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm facing the same issue as previous post here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg19511.html. Since
> no one answers this post, I thought I'll ask again. In my case, I use below
> setting for index
> <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
> generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"
> splitOnCaseChange="0" preserveOriginal="1"/>
> and
> <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
> generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"
> splitOnCaseChange="0" preserveOriginal="1"/> for query.
>
> When I use query with word "ain't", no result is returned. When I turned on
> the logging, I found the word is interpreted as "(ain't ain) t".

The problem is preserving the original in the query analyzer - try
removing that.  And if you aren't doing prefix or wildcard queries,
preserveOriginal doesn't buy you anything but wasted index space.

It's the same issue of why you can't generate and catenate at the same
time with the query parser.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com