Hi Erick,

On 03/12/10 17:09, Erick Erickson wrote:
> <<<What's confusing me is that another
> of my fields does not have any analyzers defined at all, and it's
> working fine without problems.>>>
>
> Field or fieldType?

...one of my fields with a fieldtype that does not have any analyzer
defined at all, ... ;-)

> << So, it must be possible to define field
> type without specifying any analyzers. >>
>
> Truth to tell, I don't know off the top of my head
> what happens if you define no analyzer for a fieldType.
> I think it would be bad practice anyway, *I* want to *know*
> what indexing and analyzing operations are going on so
> I can predict the resutls <G>. Someone want to chime in?

I looks like that the whole string will be used as a token, as the
KeywordTokenizerFactory already does. You're right that it's always
better to explicitly specify what you want. But as I didn't know what
the KeywordTokenizerFactory does before (I assumed that it would
tokenize the string into several keywords), and as long as I'm in
development phase, the un-specified behaviour was quite okay for me.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Michael