That discussion cites a paper via a URL:
http://doc.rero.ch/lm.php?url#16;00,43,4,20091218142456-GY/Dolamic_Ljiljana__When_Stopword_Lists_Make_the_Difference_20091218.pdf

Unfortunately when I go to this URL I get:
 "L'accès à ce document est limité."

But I tracked down the paper. Here is its reference (which may require
a subscription: sorry):
US: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/asi.21186
AU: Ljiljana Dolamic
AU: Jacques Savoy
TI: When stopword lists make the difference
SO: Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
VL: 61
NO: 1
PG: 200-203
YR: 2010
CP: © 2009 ASIS&T
ON: 1532-2890
PN: 1532-2882
AD: Computer Science Department, University of Neuchâtel, 2009
Neuchâtel, Switzerland
DOI: 10.1002/asi.21186

-Glen

--