:
: The primary key for my database is a BIGINT,  basically a 64 bit integer.  The
: value is well below the 32 bit maximum (about 230 million right now) but
: someday in the future that might not be the case.  In the schema, we have it
: mapped to a "tint" field type as defined in the example schema.  Is this going
: to work?  It is 64 bit CentOS 5.4 with 64 bit Sun JDK 1.6.0_18.  I did some
: searching and was not able to determine much.

No.  But a TrieLongField should.

The "Int" and "Long" in the FieldType names corrisponds directly to the
java primitive types, which do not change recardless of wether you have a
64 bit JVM...
  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/nutsandbolts/datatypes.html

(FYI: this is fairly trivial to test .. just index a realy big number and
see if it sorts/searches properly)

-Hoss