Hello community,

since I have searched for a solution to get TermPositions in Solr, I became
more aware of the "payload"-features. So I decided to learn more about
payloads.
In the wiki, there is not much said about them, so I will ask here at the
mailing-list.

It seems like Payloads are some extra-information for tokens, which I can
customize in any way.
For example, I could write a payloadFilter that gives the highest
scoring-factor to the first token and the lowest to the last one. I also
could say "oh, this word is a substantive. Add this as a
payload-information: <substantive>".

However: How do I use these information at query-time? How can I influence
the scoring in Solr?
I mean, I could write a payload-interpreter (Am I right to do so with
AveragePayloadFunction from Lucene 2.9.1?) for scoring.
So, if I do so, I can switch the scoring of all substantives without
reindexing the payloads by setting there scoring-factor in the schema.xml
(of course this will need some more extra-modifications).

Can anybody tell me more about how to use payloads with Solr?

For all the others, who want to learn some basic-information about payloads,
I would suggest to read this article from Grant Ingersoll:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/08/05/getting-started-with-payloads/

It is a really good tutorial and introduction to this topic.

Unfortunately, it seems like he has not written anything about how to
integrate this in Solr (I haven't find anything more).

Kind regards
- Mitch

----
P.S. Sorry for double-posting. I had some problems with my mail-account and
so there were some pending posts. It seems like they will pend for the next
few years... but if not, excuse it, please.