Hello,

I am trying to get filter querying to work on search.
When the filter query contains no special character or is a single word the
filter query parameter returns the result as expected.
However when I run filter query where special characters are present no
results are results.

e.g Cameras & Photos, I removed the & character as well (Cameras and Photos)
and still no results are returned.

However for a string like Electronics the results are returned as expected.

I am using the string field to store and index the field that I want to
filter and SolrJ as the client.

>From the documentation I read solrJ automatically escapes special
characters.

Any help regarding this is much appreciated.

Regards,
Indika