Hi Serdar,

take a look at Solr's DataImportHandler:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

Best,
Sascha

Serdar Sahin wrote:
Hi,

I am rather new to Solr and have a question.

We have around 200.000 txt files which are placed into the file cloud.
The file path is something similar to this:

file/97/8f/840/fa4-1.txt
file/a6/9d/ab0/ca2-2.txt etc.

and we also store the metadata (like title, description, tags etc)
about these files in the mysql server. So, what I want to do is to
index title, description, tags and other data from mysql, and also get
the txt file from file server, and link them as one record for
searching, but I could not figure out how to automatize this process.
I can give the path from the sql query like, Select id, title,
description, file_path, and then solr can use this path to retrieve
txt file, but I don't know whether is it possible or not.

What is the best way to index these files with their tag title and
description without coding in Java (Perl is ok). These txt files are
large, between 100kb-10mb, so the last option is to store them in the
database.

Thanks,

Serdar