I guess my basic issue is that Solr scores all matches for prefix
searches equally. Any way to score PINK over PINKSHEETS when you are
searching for PI ?

Thanks
Papiya

Papiya Misra wrote:
Hi

I am supposed to implement auto suggest where the prefix matches are
sorted based on the following criteria.

We have two fields (max characters ~ 100) that we need to search. Field
1 has only one word (no spaces) where as Field2 has multiple words
separated by spaces.

Example -

Row1
```Field1 - ROFL
     Field2 - Rolls on the floor laughing
Row2
    Field1: IRLL
    Field2 - Rolling
Row3
    Field1 -  IRLTR
    Field2 - I Roll

1. Results matching field1 should be ranked higher. Results matching the
first word of Field2 should be ranked higher than any subsequent matches.
    If you search for "RO*" in the above example the ranking should be
Row1->Row2->Row3.

2.The next sort parameter is the length of the word. So, if you are
searching for IR, Row2 (2 out of 4 ) matches higher than Row3 (2 out of 5).

3. The final sort parameter is an integer field that we already have as
part of the schema.

Any help or pointers will be deeply appreciated.

-Papiya

Pink OTC Markets Inc. provides the leading inter-dealer quotation and trading
system in the over-the-counter (OTC) securities market.   We create innovative
technology and data solutions to efficiently connect market participants,
improve price discovery, increase issuer disclosure, and better inform
investors.   Our marketplace, comprised of the issuer-listed OTCQX and
broker-quoted   Pink Sheets, is the third largest U.S. equity trading venue for
company shares.

This document contains confidential information of Pink OTC Markets and is only
intended for the recipient.   Do not copy, reproduce (electronically or
otherwise), or disclose without the prior written consent of Pink OTC Markets.
    If you receive this message in error, please destroy all copies in your
possession (electronically or otherwise) and contact the sender above.