Hi,

Does anyone have an idea about the performance benefits of searching across
floats compared to strings? I have one multi-valued field that contains about
3000 distinct IDs across 5 million documents. I am going to be a lot of queries
like q=id:102 OR id:303 OR id:305, etc. Right now it is a String but I am going
to switch to a float as intuitively it ought to be easier to filter a number
than a string. I'm just curious if this should in fact bring a benefit, and
more generally what the benefits/penalties to using numerical over string field
types is.

Thanks,
Kallin Nagelberg