What is the garbage collection status when this happens?

What are the open sockets in the OS when this happens? Run 'netstat
-an | fgrep 8983' where 8983 is the Solr incoming port number.

A side note on sockets:
SUSS uses the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager but  never calls
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.closeIdleConnections() on its
sockets. I don't know if this is a problem, but it should do this as a
matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com