Hi,

Thanks. However as I said before, termOffsets/termPositions/termVectors had
very little effect on the performance and I don't know why. I have done
exactly what you are saying but highlighting 10 documents that have 200-400
A4 pages still takes around 2 seconds, depending on the query. I will play
with it more.

I actually want to highlight (and search) 4 fields not one field if
possible. So that's why I have added those four fields to the highlighting.
However, what I want is to store only limited character from the plainText
field, and I'll use that copyfield as an alternate text field as well. So if
it cannot find any matches for highlighting due to limited character size
from the plainText field, I can bring description, and if it is not
available, then I can bring plainText, and also if it is not available (for
example for scanned documents), then I can bring tags or title as a
snippet/description and insert it into the web page. So, that's why I need
multivalued text field for both sides, for indexing and storing. Just
storing will be a little different.

I have also tried to duplicate these four fields and use each one of them
separately for indexing and storing to avoid indexing both copyfields (my
previous email) . The problem was for both copyfields;

       <field name="all_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />
       <field name="short_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"
termOffsets="true" />

I had to index them even if I use it just for storing. It was giving an
error. So I have duplicated these four fields;

mydata.xml
                                <field column="plainText"
name="plain_text"/>
                                <field column="plainText"
name="plain_text_ind"/>

schema.xml
        <field name="plain_text_ind" type="text" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>
        <field name="plain_text" type="text" indexed="false"
stored="true"/>

I have done it for these four fields and created copyfields for them.

       <field name="all_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />
       <field name="short_text" type="text" indexed="false" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"
termOffsets="true" />

but still it did not work and gave the same error;

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: SchemaField: short_text conflicting
indexed field options:

So, I have disabled term* directives just for testing
and successfully indexed the data, but there was no short_text column in the
solr index. Maybe duplicating does not work or I have done something wrong.

So I guess my only way is to index short_text field as well without
duplicating anything.

     <field name="all_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />
       <field name="short_text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"
termOffsets="true" />

Thanks again,

Serdar