: Cache settings:
:   <filterCache class="solr.LRUCache" size="1512000" initialSize="1512000"
: autowarmCount="1280"/>

that's a monster filterCache ...i can easly imagine it causing an OOM if
your heap is only 5G.

: The date rounding suggest is a very good one, I will need to rerun the test
: and report back on the cache setting. I remember my filterCache hit ratio is
: around 0.7. I did use the tagged results for multi-select display of facet

a "hit ratio" or "0.7" ratio, or "0.7% hit rate"? ... with that many
unique facet queries, i can't imaging you were getting a 70% hit rate.
I'm betting if you monitor that filterCache size and hit rate as you run
your test you'll see it just grow and grow until the OOM.  and if you
analyze the heap dumps you'll probably see the cache hanging on to a ton
of DocSets that will never be used again.

: values but in this case there is no fq in the load test request URL.

I've never tested this, so i can't say for sure, but if it turns out that
the filterCache is not your problem, then perhaps there is soemthing wonky
with the filterquery exclusion code in cases like this -- where you
explicilty exlucde a taged fq but that fq doesn't exist.  the qya to rule
it out would be to remove the exlcusion from your configs and test it that
way to see if the behavior is hte same.

-Hoss