I just switched from using CommonHttpSolrServer to EmbeddedSolrServer and
the performance surprisingly deteriorated. I was expecting an improvement so
in my confusion i went to the stats page and noticed that the caches were no
longer getting hit. The embedded server however should still use
IndexSearcher from Lucene (which is what the caches are supposed to be
related to).

Is there some kind of property that needs to be added or adjusted for
embedded server to use cache? Should I create my own cache and wipe the rest
out entirely? Should I remove the httpcache from the configuration since
i'll no longer be accessing the service remotely? How accurate is the stats
page and is the error actually coming from it rather than the actual
backend?

Thank you beforehand,
Tony